View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 09:05 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Actually, I was coming back on to apologize for handling that in the way I did and I still will do so. I'm not sure that a better way existed, but things often look different in daylight.
------------------------
Please allow that first paragraph to be an example of a gracious way of greeting the morning, because I'm going to stir the pot now.
------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
i am entitled to a skeptical opinion, especially when one presents a theory as fact. in my opinion this board would be useless if every unscientific theory was given equal weight here and we discussed it to death.
------------
It isn't the opinion, but the way it is expressed. One way hurts feelings and closes discussion. Another respects the other and allows silly ideas to collapse of their own weight. A good way to see to it that they do is to ignore them and allow them to drift off into cyberspace.

-------------------
i stated an opinion, you may not like it but i am not censoring anyone. this person posts on this board, states that the 1 drug that gives me decent relief is bad for me, define "bad" for a pd'er, and offers up an alternative treatment that started in the 90's, no independent validation that it works at all and if it did it's been around long enough how could it not be widely adopted since it's a potentially free treatment. you are basically asking me to believe in the tooth fairy. it might exist, it might have a placebo affect for young kids but i stopped believing in her years ago after i learned to read.
------------------------------
I would not support censoring an opinion for a second. The sad truth is that for PD, almost all the things that we know are opinion. No one knows cause, course, nor cure. So it can be assumed that anything expressed here is opinion. And BTW, levodopa/carbidopa is a dangerous and addictive drug that should be treated with extreme caution. IMHO of course.

-------------------------------

did you read the posts on that pd recovery message board? every hoping it will start working?

i call a spade a spade.
---------------------
Yes, it has been awhile. I haven't been back lately.
One thing positive that I do recall, however, is that it gave people hope and that is no small thing.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon72219 (07-03-2010)