View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 10:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I was going to mention Celiac Disease as well - sometimes, though, people are just gluten sensitive and won't test positive for CD. A gluten-free diet is beneficial for them as well. Gluten can cause problems with memory in some people, and if you have one autoimmune disease, you are at a higher risk of having another one. Celiac Disease is MUCH more common than most doctors realize (1 in 133 people), and the incidence of gluten sensitivity is believed to be much higher than that.

There's a great page on this forum that you can reference: http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/post8767-2.html. I was diagnosed with CD 2 years ago, and was just recently diagnosed with MG. I have a feeling that the GF diet helped reduce many of my MG symptoms. Before I was diagnosed with CD, there were times when I felt like I was going to crawl out of my skin. Within a few days of starting a GF diet, I felt MUCH better overall. Now I can tell if I accidentally get "glutened", because that "crawly" feeling comes over me again!

It is so good to know that other people have memory problems - I thought I was getting early Alzheimer's!.....
teresakoch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote