View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 09:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Trig

Dear Larry,

You really have been through the mill with this haven't you; Similar to Porkette I've had seizures for 42 years I was diagnised as TLE with complex partial but they had trouble with what my doc called nervous shakes. Since then that's been revised and I've been late diagnosed with myoclonus too; though with myoclonus which is a type of jerking both sides of my body, by hands, head, neck and feet I've never lost consciousness and it doesn't stop; it's almost like parkinsons but I know it isn't because it doesn't get any worse; but I was dx with leisions on the brain and spikes on eegs. Have you had mri & eeg?

This diagnosis failed to point out that I would have symptoms that were akin to schizophrenic symptoms. Auras, awful smells, confusion, emotionally labile, even something akin to paranoia which is in fact the act of lashing out because of fear when in the process of a sz.

I do know exactly what you are going through and how it's affecting your life, emotions and lifestyle. I urge you to have patience and continue to push for a diagnosis. With the SSI surely there is an appeals process that you can use? Appealing is something you should think about rather than just keep applying; just appeal on the last decision,

Good luck Harry, keep us informed,

Rhian

Last edited by RhiannonsMoon; 07-03-2010 at 10:29 PM. Reason: another blunder
RhiannonsMoon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
waves (07-05-2010)