View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 12:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi, I am new to the forum and will try to give a quick history...I was hit in the back of the head with a softball in July 09 and did not know I had a concussion right away...I was riding rollercoasters three days after the injury because I didnt know and just felt tired. Severe symptoms started about a week later...headaches, fatigue, foggy, noise, light, etc. These severe symptoms lasted until about february 2010. I am still symptomatic today with the above, just to a lesser degree. I am upset because I was told I would make a "full recovery" by the UPMC Concussion center in pittsburgh and I have not. I consider a full recovery to mean back to my normal self...my normal way of thinking, feeling, and behaving...The symptoms have a significant effect on my life right now....lost my job, moved back home with parents, still not working....I am still looking for help/answers and struggling. My big question now is "full recovery". I am young 27 and have hope that I will get better and maybe fully recover, but am starting to have my doubts. This is my only concussion and I have been trying to heal from it ever since. I have seen my brother get hit in the head and act confused for about 15 min. but then return to normal the next couple days and I mean return to normal...no symptoms...like it never happpened. I think the word "concussion" can be misleading. I would say that my brother showed signs of a mild concussion and recovered fully. Now they called my injury a "concussion" but at this point I think "a mild brain injury with the possibility of permanent symptoms" would be more appropriate...I understand they tell everyone initially that they will recover fully because who wants to hear the opposite right after a head injury? All I can say is that I know I haven't recovered fully yet and if I do it will be Gods miracle. Any advice is welcome.
andy55 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote