View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 06:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally View Post
oh yeah , cant drive for 3 months, so another thing hubby is doing so the kids dont miss their sports etc.

Really you need alot of help for a while, they recommend 2 months here in NZ, with no 'bending, lifting or twisting). Also you young kids would have to be looked after by a friend/pre school as it's a safety issue, you just move quick enough should an accident happen in my opinion.
Hi Ally,

Very good of you to take time to post your response to my spine surgery thread. I will have the posterior lateral interbody fusion on my L5/S1 vertebrea on July 20th. My neurosurgeion will use 4 pedicule screws, titanium cage plus inject bone marrow from one of my hips to round out the fusion attempt. I'll have have a lamenectomy (I think it's called) for the severe sciatica nerve decompression that has affected the use of my right leg. I intend to focus 100% on my rehab and get myself back to perfect phyical health again. I'm twice your age (kids are grown now) and my wife will be home with me for a couple of weeks. So, I won't have to perform the miracles you are doing with the four kids. Yes, your husband is certainly doing superman work....but you are obviously super yourself.

Thanks again for sharing your experience.....I have taken note of what you endured the first 3 weeks but am surprised you are feeling as good as you are within a month. True, I don't expect to drive for a while....and no twisting, heavy lifting etc. I will follow my doctor and physical therapist's
advice to a tee. You have a great attitude and I wish you the best as you continue on with your recovery.
pap5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (07-06-2010)