View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 08:34 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default I am tired of shedding tears over my family

many of you know, I come from dysfunction central. My family has NO idea how to be kind or nice to each other. I have a drug addicted sister. I have a mother that has post polio syndrome, and I SWEAR the polio affected her mentally. She just doesnt have good judgement, and is good at playing one child against the other. I have a bible thumping brother that is good at preaching "do what I say! not what I do!" and another brother who is so fickle that if you say "its a nice day!" he says "what do you mean by that?!" My father died long ago, and it was the last time we were all in the same spot at the same time.

I cant talk to my sister about anything because its all about HER! She is always in trouble with finances, the law, the neighbors, always broke, and what a liar! if she said it was snowing, I would go to the window to look. My mother is another who cannot manage the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Both brothers are "above this" and have the attitude to prove it. I have spent years keeping a social relationship with my brothers. not close, not warm and fuzzy, but at least social. I wrote my sister off long ago, and only am able to check on my mother as she undoes every good thing you do for her.

Its been months since I heard from one brother. For the first time in decades I got no b/d card from him. hmm...thats weird. I called him today and said "hello! how are you?" and he hung up on me! ok, its a cell phone. Did the call get dropped? Did he hang up? Let me try again. I gave it a min and called again. He answered the phone and said "look! You created drama at Christmas when you told me an old g/f said hello. I dont need the drama, so stop calling. Go away!"

I dont even live in the same state as these folks. On Facebook, one of his old g/fs said hello to me, and asked how he was. I related that he is happily married, doing great, and his new wife has been a really good thing for him. She said she was happy for him, and next time I talk to him say hello for her. Well, I did. It was just that easy. He talked about how much she meant to him once upon a time, and wow, what a blast from the past. I guess when he mentioned it to his wife, it was decided that I was trying to "get them back together" I dont even know this girl! nor do I know his wife! All I know is that I said Hello from an old g/f and he was HAPPY to have heard it, and now he refuses my call.

I am sooooo tired of shedding tears over this family. I think this may be the straw that breaks my back. You cant talk to any one of them without it being turned into story hour. I DONT get it! I just dont get it! How can a family who went thru so much when we were growing up have become so twisted? is it because they are hiding behind their own bs? Is it because they didnt deal with their own bs?

I am simply ready to quit. Just walk away and stop trying. They never fail to reach new heights of cruelty of imagined offenses. Have you ever been completely spent by someone? well imagine a whole crew of them. Isnt stress supposed to be bad for MS? well, no wonder im sick! I am always under stress!

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hollym (07-06-2010), Lady (07-04-2010), NurseNancy (07-06-2010), tamiloo (07-08-2010)