View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 10:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default recovering......and very concerned

I am new to this chat, but lived through the removal of a colloid cyst in the
3rd ventricle. I am post op by a month and a half and NEED to know when to expect to feel like my old self again.
Please help. I have memory loss (short term) and just don't feel like myself at all. Does (did) anyone else have the same feelings post op?? And if so - - how long until there is a light at the end of this horrible tunnel?
Thanks so much for any input.

QUOTE=Discododi;201709]Hi Crystal,
I had a colloid cyst removed Nov 2000. I had been having very bad headaches, and my pcp diagnosed sinus infection for quite a few months. Finally, he sent me for a CT scan. Cyst was found. He said, "nothing to worry about." Meanwhile, headaches progressively got worse, my family and I moved back to the big city, and life went on as normal until the cyst stopped me in my tracks. I awoke one morning with the "Mother of all Headaches". I went into the bathroom, turned on the light, and could not see from my left eye. I was later told the cyst was pressing on the optic nerve, thus causing the temporary blindness in that eye.

I was sent directly from my neurosurgeons office to the ICU to await him rearranging his schedule for my surgery.

I had a pretty long recovery process, but I am doing very well today. I see you work in the medical field, which can be either a blessing, or a curse. (I am a Nurse, and actually was scared to death of the surgery!)

At the time of my surgery, my son was 7 years old. He was an enourmous help to me after my surgery.

Please ask any qestions you may have. This is a very serious cyst, and I don't understand how there are still doctors out there who don't recognize it! Take Care, Dodi[/QUOTE]
djohn12 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote