Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 05:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up He wrote back

Thanks Pat!

Your support means the world to me!

Well the doc wrote back after doing a lot of research on CRPS, and vascular systems. Wouldn't ya know that Vic is 100% correct! There is no information relating vascular to CRPS. Everyone thinks it is a nerve disorder, and treats as such. Well this vascular surgeon said he is a very busy guy, has to do so many procedures a month or he loses his Excellence certification. Very important now a days as all the doc's are trying to market for everyones dollars. Again something that Vic has related to.

Anyways, he agrees that when there is an ischemic problem, there is a 6 hour window where you have to either get the blood flowing again, or there will be tissue damage, and nerves are the most sensitive to this. So he agrees that hypoxia can and does cause CRPS. He said they call it by other names usually, that is why you don't hear them saying CRPS.

Unluckily though, he cannot take the time to chase this down, and document it as he is too busy in his current field. He said the squeaky wheel will get the grease sooner or later, so keep up the great work and studies in this area. He will do what he can as the cases come up in his work though, as he thinks it is groundbreaking research.

So that makes 2 vascular surgeons I have had contact with backing up Vic's research.

Vic you are DA MAN!

I was gonna email this to Vic, but thought it would be of benefit to everyone to read. He also pointed out some pictures he found of people with RSD on the internet. He linked me to them, and said see how they look like diabetic problems with all the discoloration. That is from lack of circulation, ie: ischemic conditions. There was about 4 pictures. I looked around further at all the sites I have saved, and realized everyone of the pictures where it looks deep purple, or blueish is most likely the culprit of ischemic conditions. Thus tissue damage, and most likely a lot of nerve damage, as he said they are more sensitive to this condition.

It didn't take a lot of proof to sway me though, as I have been in the ischemia camp since day one of my ordeal with RSD. Getting to know Vic, and his work just solidified my position further. This was just icing on the cake!

Well everyone take care, and I wish less pain on everyone!

Gone Squatchin
allentgamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote