View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 07:55 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Terri.
I did notice you said you had radio frequency ablation that is like Gamma knife .
but it probably wasnt done on your Trig nerve ??????
and too the leads do not seem to be to any of the 3 branches trig nerves and more to the base of brain/ upper spine area.
It is great the doc got them up far enough.
If you go back a few pages on page 2 ?? here Kim also had SCS but later had a PNS implanted to the Trig nerve and the SCS removed. she also has 2 stims one for each side of face for BI-Lat.
I am enjoying the way everyone is sharing and giving such important info for others to find hope in... and power ..knowledge is power when researching the options one has available to them.
I would like ANYONE who has had stim for face pain to share ... The fact is there are times when this dose not work and the ending isnt happy . that is true in life and with this option. what works for one may not work for the next.
My friend Calewark is having hers done in Colorado too as did Mark. thats pretty awesome if ya ask me
make sure you follow doc instructions on lifting and bending !!1 dont over due it and know we have you in our positive thoughts and prayers for the stim to be ever lasting way to manage your pain.
Many many thanks for sharing and posting here. Terri you ROCK!!!!!
PEACE
Tina & T-Rex

p.s. I wonder.. ask if having a stim was a first option for you? I ask because for most others this is a last option . but for me since MVD,gamma were not an option my last resort was having the Stim. being the first to try PNS. in the USA . I do want to say again that SCS and PNS are the same thing the only difference is the placement of the leads It is referred to a PNS because the leads are placed in the facial area not to the spinal area. they are both simulators that mix the pain signal .

Last edited by Burntmarshmallow; 07-04-2010 at 08:38 PM. Reason: add
Burntmarshmallow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (07-05-2010), Rrae (07-13-2010)