Thread: New... My Story
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 10:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala77 View Post
Hello serene_butterfly. We've not spoken before, so welcome to NeuroTalk.

I'm sorry that you're experiencing the symptoms that you are, and that you don't seem to be getting the diagnosis that you obviously need. From the age of 8 until now is a long time without any answers.

Unfortunately I don't have the answers that you seek, but as a person diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, I do understand the frustration that can accompany a myriad of unusual symptoms especially when the doctors keep labelling them anxiety related, when you know that they're not.

It's good that you've seen a neurologist and it's good that you've had an MRI, especially as MS is one of the diseases that presents as you've described. I don't want to frighten you, but MS doesn't always show up on an early MRI..... sometimes it takes a number before the first lesions are seen. Have you had a lumbar puncture? That's another test for MS if the doctor's are looking into that, but it's not a test that's done without good reason.

Although there are probably hundreds of conditions that fit your symptoms, the only other things I can think of at the moment are related to your ears and your neck.

A CT scan of your neck might be a good idea.... to rule out pressure on your spinal canal, but if that was the case I'd expect other symptoms as well as dizziness.

Ear problems can cause dizziness. The inner ear controls your balance, but I daresay if you've seen a neuro then your ears have probably been investigated as well.

I'd like to be able to give you a list of possible diagnoses, and a list of tests that would help you, sorry that I couldn't. I do hope somebody else comes along soon and is able to suggest things that I'm unable to think of.

Good luck, and I hope you get the answer soon. Please know that if it did happen to be MS..... I've had it 34 years, and I'd much rather have MS than many other conditions.

Addit : One of our members had similar symptoms recently and she discusses them here in the forums. If you click this link, she explains herself in reply number 3 ...
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread125610.html

Also, up at the top of each page you'll see a search option. If you type dizziness or something similar, you'll be able to do a search of all other threads and posts here in the past. Maybe that'll bring up someything helpful.
Thank you very much for your reply, it's great to know that you are not in the same boat, etc in regards to not knowing what is wrong and it does happen quite a lot.

If there is something wrong, personally I will be relieved so that i know what is happening and that it's not in all in my head!

serene_butterfly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Koala77 (07-05-2010)