Old 07-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Hi,
I don't know what to think. I am thinking.

He has an off on switch with not a whole lot of middle: intensity vs calm.

Later, I did ask him if he was angry during the tdoc session. He said, "yes." I went back to ignoring him, not willing to deal with that anger until he simmers down a bit. As long as he remains angry and anxious, I can't talk to him about issues. (It's sort of like being manic -- he is not rational at the moment.) Since the tdoc session, we are being nice to each other as long as we don't talk much.

We sleep and eat at separate times -- for as long as I can remember.

I am very clear about my needs and wishes.
He knows exactly what I want. He can tell you want I want.

This is the third or fourth summer in a row that he has been difficult. He has a heavier teaching job in the summer than during the regular year because he takes on extra classes and gets stressed about the odd times and extra travel.

I do not want to go to a marriage counselor unless he were working on his own stuff.

The last time I tried to get him to go to a counselor he went three times. I wanted him to work on his hoarding. Hubby did not reveal the extent of the hoarding so the counselor dismissed it, saying it seemed like a phase.
I think that the counselor did find him to be rather uptight about structure. The counselor told him to let go of rules (self imposed, and other, . . . .) Hubby quit after that.

I can't really afford to see tdoc because she is not on my insurance plan. I'm considering dropping her or cutting back even more -- which is almost to nothing the past two years.

M.
i hate to be negative but a marriage counselor i don't think will work. a stick of dynamite located in the right place might do the trick but otherwise he has to come up with his own motivation to change. Is there any motivation you can think of that will change him? You must be so frustrated. Has he gotten worse since you have known him besides being more stressed from the extra work or the same?
bobby
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-05-2010), DejaVu (07-06-2010), Mari (07-06-2010)