Thread: Holy crap!
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 01:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've been reading a lot about this and although it sounds promising there are a lot of conflicting reports out there. First of all, not everyone with MS has the problem of the crooked veins. In the Buffalo study, I think they found 60% had it whereas Zamboni found almost everyone had it. Then there's the issue of balloon angioplasty vs stenting. A doctor in CA had to halt his study because the stents were causing major problems. (death in a least 1 case) Zamboni is only advocating the balloon procedure but those results can be temporary. I used to work at a medical device company and am really not wild about the idea of having a stent. My theory is that this is an advancement in understanding the disease and possible treatments but is only 1 piece of the puzzle and probably does not apply to everyone. I am really curious if I have the venous insufficiency though - I think it would be useful for people to at least have the test done. I've seen the youtube vid of the lady demonstrating how her walking has improved but would be curious to see her 6 months on. There's a video you can watch from the NMSS site where the doctors talk about CCVSI in great detail. It's really good.
kats is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (07-05-2010), SallyC (07-05-2010)