Thread: Prove it?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

not crazy,

Sorry to hear of your struggles. Welcome to the club.

First, it would help if you told us about your normal symptoms and the 'you wont believe these' symptoms. I doubt you have anything new. The range of symptoms from one person to the next is huge. But with the many PCS experiences represented here, you are likely not unusual.

A little information about your previous lifestyle versus now may be of benefit.

DTI and fMRI can both be helpful but NOT without the direction of a believer in prolonged concussion symptoms. It appears you have been seen by doctors who do not believe your level of concussion will leave lasting symptoms. Wow. Thirty minute LOC is not to be ignored. The 'mild' diagnosis is more due to your symptoms shortly after the event while conscious.
Have you had a neuro-psychological assessment? This will be a good indicator of your struggles. There are validity tests within a good neuro-psych battery to show if you are faking.

Lucy/Lynnlee, are you still watching this board. Can you give any direction in New Zealand?

If you can PM (Private Message) me with your email address, I can send you the doc file to the TBI Survival Guide. It may be of help.

Let us know how you are doing and we'll try to help.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote