View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 05:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Dental anesthesia

Hello, I a new to this forum and I am very glad that I have found all of you! I will give a little insight to my problem. I am in my thirties and have not been "back" to the dentist in eight years. My previous two trips, eight years ago, resulted in a reaction to the anesthesia. The ephinephrine in the shots made my eyes roll back in my head and my heart went crazy. The dentist had to shake me out of it, or time elapsed where I quit having the reaction. I say two trips because I gave a 2nd dentist a try and the same thing happened. So, I just quit! I am terrified to see a dentist. However, my teeth are leaking mercury and I have a terrile taste lingering in my mouth. I have to get the dental work done now. I have an appointment on July 12th and I am scared. I have hypothyroidism and have regular palpatations now too. This does not help my anxiety. The dentist said he would not use a shot with epi in it. My question is has anyone ever had this type of reaction and if so did you do okay with the other kind of shot that does not contain the epi? Thank you any and all who help me! I don't want to deal with this reaction again.
mickey22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote