View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 06:01 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Puritan's has better prices on some things, but not others.

For example with the sale going on now, for d-ribose (which is expensive), buy one get 2 free... I saved about $30. (over iherb)

They do raise their prices for "sales", but even then they can be a "deal". I used to get my grapeseed extract from them, but then Costco started carrying a nice softgel type, so I bought that last time.

After you buy from them once, if you give your email, they will send occasional emails, for free shipping + perhaps a $$ discount coupon. The buy one get 2 free is the major sale I use.
I don't think the savings on their other sales is as great. They only do this one once a year in summer typically. (If you save your catalogs from them, you will see they alter prices according to sales-- this bothers me somewhat, but I think you still save alot in the end.)

In the past Puritan's did not have the "newest" supplements, but I see that is changing. They now have methylcobalamin and the d-ribose which I had purchased at iherb previously.

I think their quality is fine. I've used them for years. But just not for everything.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote