View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 06:13 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waves View Post
there are a lot of things to be worked out. maybe getting a new tdoc for yourself is the thing to work on first... seems like there are too many issues with the existing one and you end up not seeing her.

am i getting this right...

hubby knows you need him to go to individual therapy and work on the
- anxiety/OCD
- adhd
- hoarding

and ke knows that his not doing so is an obstacle
- in your relationship overall and
- in working on other issues together

?

seems like he was resistant to therapy... maybe it overwhelmed him? changes are hard, esp with anxiety. do you think he quit out of arrogance or discomfort/fear... or can you tell?

i am hoping if you get a new T you can see a bit more regularly, that maybe she will have some clever ideas on how to persuade hubby to accept therapy of his own...

but at least you will have someone help you deal with him.

~ waves ~

Hi,
Hubby has gone to three therapists because I told him he need counseling and he obliged.
He benefited a lot from the the first two . . . quit after three meetings with the third.

I think he quit therapy because he thought he was fine. His third therapist apparently wanted to get him to lighten up on his need for structure and order. Hubby left the session asking for homework!! The therapist told him there were no rules. Hubby did not know how to deal with that and did not go back.

According to what I've seen, certain types of of OCD are not very treatable because the people do not want help. When they do have anxiety, they got out and get more stuff, which reduces their anxiety and solves the problem.

He has never been officially diagnosed. I came up with the ADHD by myself. Tdoc told me he has some OCD.
His ADHD is pretty astonishing. He can zone out of entire parts of conversations when the other person is talking -- this partly explains why he would rather talk than listen.

M.

Last edited by Mari; 07-06-2010 at 06:42 AM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-06-2010), collinsc (07-06-2010), DejaVu (07-06-2010), Dmom3005 (07-09-2010), waves (07-06-2010)