View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 06:26 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

If you are just starting, and have burning, I'd start with Biofreeze gel. This really works and is topical, and non invasive.

I'd get the numbers for your B12, since "normal" doesn't mean much today, with the antiquated lab ranges out there.

I'd also get tested for Vit D status, and that too, your doctor should give you your numbers--- you would like to see 50-80ng/ml as normal.

Fast onset? Maybe some mechanical thing going on with your feet? This could be arthritis, or gout, or changes in your arch, or tendon issues at the ankle, etc.

I had fairly normal blood work for thyroid all the while my feet and carpal tunnel were the worst! It was only thru a radioactive uptake test, that the gland was visualized as abnormal (several years later).

PN is sneaky and does not present clearly most of the time.

Yes, starting some magnesium cannot hurt. If you don't eat foods that contain it daily, you will be below RDA for it. Here is my magnesium thread:

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread1138.html

Avoid MSG in foods. Avoid excess salt, eat healthy, and consider gluten as a trigger.

Think about what you are doing lately.... what drugs are you taking, or were taking, for example. Are you exercising too much? Not at all? Are your chairs you sit in proper for you, are your shoes poor? Sometimes the trigger is there in your lifestyle.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-06-2010)