View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 06:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You have been made welcome here, and you actually are welcome, we like newcomers, once we were that ourselves. Because we have been taking PD meds it does not mean that our brains have rotted, or that we are somehow less for it. Yes, we have our uphill struggles with PD, but first and foremost we are just people......

You say you are being blunt - Well, I am going to be blunt. We have had many many people come here looking for answers, newly diagnosed, and friends and family of newly diagnosed, and we share with them what we can, because we remember what it was like and we know what is is going to be. Mostly we are very open minded here and say pretty much what we feel, and no hard feelings. Occasionally things get a little bit fierce, but only rarely. On the whole I would say this is a community, a pretty good one...

There are many people here who are regular posters who do not hide 'behind a screen', many know each other and communicate in other ways, and there are some of the finest activists in the PD world here too. I've been coming here or to the forums that preceded this one for around 8 years, and I am still humbled by the big hearted and amazing people who have helped make this forum what it is. There are also many people who do not post, but nevertheless visit, some are like you , new to this place, others have been here a long time, only post when they really feel like it, some of them are dealing with the very thin end of the wedge with PD.........

It is easy to think you know a lot and to think you know better, but this place is quite a good reflection of real life, the more you learn the more you realise how much more there is to know........

I happen to agree with some of the things you say, though I can't say that I agree with the way you are saying them..........

Lindy
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote