View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 07:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default The mean streak in all of us

Sheryl
This is very interesting and helps us understand why there is a black sheep in every family. I believe it is the cause of sweet little school teachers who go on wild streaks and pose nude and send pics to their students, or the reason that the local minister runs off with the town's lady wearing the scarlet letter. It can help us understand the church secretary who embezzles thousands from her own church, and the list goeso on nanda on. By nature I think everyone has a mean streak in us - we just suppress it because of our upbringing or fear that we will be caught.

This would be a wonderful project for 23andme.com to take on. They are in the business of finding genes or mutations that MAY leadl to various illnesses, and with a few surveys, I bet they c ould come up with some interesting connections.

So why are PWP more susceptible to such behaviors (and we are)? Because we are stirring all sorts of mind-altering chemicals into our already oversaturated brains. I brought up this at a meeting at NIH last week. Is any researcher out there measuring both mood and movement simultaneously? If not, we aren't getting a true measure of the treatment's effacy. As I told them, we will never find a cure until we do parallel assessments of both behavior and motor ability.

Again, I must toot the horn of Laura Marsh who knows and has spread the non-motor news everywhere she speaks. But is anybody listening? Apparently noot very well.

Let Sheryl and me hear your comments, and thanks for posting this.
Peggy
pegleg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SherylJ (07-06-2010)