Thread: Lyrica
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 10:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My hubby is on Lyrica - As far as I"m concerned (JMO...mind you) it is an off-shoot or same thing as Neurontin.

See....

Neurontin was involved with a HUGE class action lawsuit because it was being used for off label (unapproved FDA reasons) purposes. Many people became suicidal, had horrible mood swing (my hubby included) and committed suicide. The FDA got on their case and WOOSH - Within months Lyrica was out and on the market. I feel - again this is JMO - that it is the same thing or just slightly altered and the FDA has approved it for only 1 or 2 other conditions beyond what Neurontin is approved for. It was enough not to get Pfizer "into trouble".....

My hubby is on almost the lowest does of Lyrica possible....he was experiencing mood swings (although nothing compared to the Neurontin) - (BTW the med was TOTALLY against my wishes...) - When the moodswings were mentioned the put him on an anti-depressant.....Now one can argue - was/are the moodswings due to true depression due to his condition or caused by the meds....Honestly I really dont know....BUT the anti's have helped with his moods and he feels better (emotionally) compared to a few months ago.....SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

As far as other side effects hubby said he had issues with his eyes feeling tight and feeling dizzy then he would get very tired. These side-effects have subsided though and he's adjusted to that.

I would check with others even if you have to call around to a few Dr's regarding mixing the two meds - I would think it would not be good for you - BUT - I'm not a Dr.

HubbyWithRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote