View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 11:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Ive heard many Nurses say that too. As pts they felt so powerless and Nurses can be very clinical at times due to the workload. I always try to have a laugh with pts. The medical profession and mistakes !!!!Yesterday I met a lovely couple. He had his entire large intestine out twenty yrs ago and has had pain ever since. Bad pain. When it was removed the problem area was the size of a small coin!!!!!!

Jak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridagal View Post
We ALL have alot to learn, matters not how many degrees we have. I certainly appreciate all the love and support that I have found here. When I am feeling argumentative it's been when I didn't feel listened to. When I was busy investigating the side effects of the dangerous but helpful medication, it's been when I have felt really afraid and worried about my future. I have expressed much anger at the medical community. As a nurse, no longer able to work, I did not have any idea how awful it feels to be completely at the mercy of someone who seems clinical and uncaring. God help me if I have acted that way. If I don't allow posters to be who they are and describe their experiences, no matter what they are, then when I feel crappy and negative and seem so contrary, then who will listen to me??? we are all in this TOGETHER! FG
They call you heartless: but your heart is true, and I love the bashfulness of your goodwill. Ye are ashamed of your flow, and others are ashamed of their ebb. Ye are ugly? Well then, my brethren, take the sublime about you, the mantle of the ugly! - Thus spake Zarathustra.
alongcamejones is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote