View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

This IS TMJ because the joint, hinge, whatever it's called, was so sore last week, I could barely touch it. No swelling, no pain upon touch or eating or using my teeth.

This has been going on for 15 years. off and on.

But last week (well, you know what's going on with my son), THAT'S WHEN the headache hit, besides the TMJ thing going on. If I had an infection, I'd have some other symptoms, like fever, body aches, chills, (30 years ago I had an absess so I remember what it was like, and my face was swollen out to there. I had to go on antibiotics and finally they pulled my tooth.

I have had this checked by 4 dentists, the very last one being my phobia dentist some time ago and when he took the x-rays (he's a state of the art dentist in NYC, ) he took all the digital x-rays and told me "there's nothing wrong with that tooth, it could be inflammation"

I didn't go to him for that tooth, I went to him because I had a chipped tooth on the other side of my mouth and before they work on you, you have to have a cleaning.

I have had 3 cleanings since then with NO sensitivity or jumping out of any chair. Can you imagine me jumping out of a chair? I'd probably go nuts.

I have had this thing with muscle spasms ALL MY LIFE.

I am now taking arthrotec. never heard of this, but Dr. Fred said "It's a good anti-inflammatory.

He also gave me AMRIX, but when I looked it up and saw what people say about it, I got scared out of my skin.

So I didn't take this last night.

I did however wake up with calf spasms. I've been having this ever since my son contacted me last week.

This always happens. My body reacts to him (with headaches, spasming).

And it's 100 degrees here in Brooklyn. Not great for headaches.

I am surviving though.

There is no one else for me to go to. My dentist is top of the line, he's very well written up on websites.

He uses the WAND.

And I'm not scared to death of him.

To me, it's a no brainer.

If I need a root canal and a crown, he'll find this out. I'm sure of it.

I shall update you.

Oh, by the way, what do you think of Arthrotec? Would you ever take it with alprazolam at night before bedtime. I didn't do this.

I wouldn't mix the meds.

Thanks Much

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote