View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 01:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Just an Update on the farm. We have had horribly dry, hot weather,,, and I am amazed that anything is still growing. I catch rain water from the barn and have only watered those plants that have wilted leaves. I harvested more fava tops last nite (though there were not near as many as on previous pickings) Found a few beans this morning, also. Just ordered 5 pounds of Windsor Favas from Fedco Seed Company to plant the end of July or first of August...pray that we will have cooler temperatures (90's are just not good for favas,) and pray for rain here in east TN.
The fava tincture is still working well for me and is all I use for PD.....though an occasional meal of favas/ onions/garlic/squash stirfried is mighty tastey. I still consider the beans a treat, although they do give me extra support and I really feel better after eating a meal of them. Now the project at hand is to get more ground worked up and have a load of compost brought it, with the drought conditions we have been having...I want to put a handful of compost with every seed to give them a better chance of survival in Aug & September and hopefully up into December or January, Lord willing.
Blessings to you all Aunt Bean
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
moondaughter (07-17-2010)