View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 03:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Mad MP after Gallbladder removal?

Hi all,

Four years ago I had my gallbladder removed laparoscopically (sorry, I know the spelling's probably wrong!) Needless to say, I woke up from the surgery with MP. I went back to the surgeon and asked him what happened to my nerve? He had no answers, only "It wasn't me." So he referred me to a neurologist, who also told me that there's no way the surgery could have caused it.

Well, it's four years later, and I still suffer daily. Mostly, I've restructured my life. I position myself so that I'm never sitting with someone against my thigh, and if I have to have someone sit there, I make sure it's someone who knows about my condition. I don't hike anymore. I make sure not to sit with my leg pressed against anything that might jolt or vibrate. Basically, I deal.

I tried to fix things, for a while. I lost a lot of weight. I wore loose dresses. I didn't do much walking. But those things didn't fix me, or even make it better (except for walking less).

The main thing is, that I need some help with, is my anger. I am so angry at the doctors who caused this. Okay, so I know they might not have realized they were causing this or been able to do something differently. But I also know I didn't have MP when I went under the knife, and I was never warned this might be a consequence! I just wish they had acknowledged that this had something to do with that surgery. I don't want to continue to live with such anger. Has anyone else been there, and been able to get over it? If so, how?
Berkol19 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote