View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I still need to know the B12 and Magnesium product contents.
Some products are just awful... and imply good results but they are not providing the correct nutrients or they are in a form that is not assimilated well.

He may need a calcium supplement, depending on his food intake. But people taking high dose D3, are at risk for hypercalcemia... so supplements have to be carefully monitored for calcium. I think a serum calcium should be done, to see where he is. 36 for Vit D3 is still pretty low, as well. Normal is recommended today at 50-80ng/ml.

This link gives nutritional content of most foods:
www.nutritiondata.com

Protein is needed for bone formation.

Check his food intake on that site to see what he is really getting from his food.

The answer is hidden here somewhere, but I don't think it is the magnesium at fault.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-09-2010)