View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 04:53 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrown176 View Post
Thanks Mike! I decided to call and tell her that the doctor told me I should wait for the results of my CT scan before continuing my treatment. I just was so sore this morning I could not take going in today and I will feel better knowing what they think before looking for a better one, on that will take time and answer my questions. Thanks Again! Angela

Angela,

I wonder, did you tell this particular chiro, that the rubbing hurts? (It's just not practical with RSD, as I find a typical massage turns on the pain, that's a different subject).
My chiro's learned quickly not to do any rubbing! A simple adjustment, with the heat and stim work great for me.
Lot's of folks really like that 'massage' thing. Not us, usually.
There is a massage technique called 'Alexander' that works well. There is no deep tissue rubbing. It's about drawing the pain out from the spine, all the way out through the finger and toes. It works amazing well, but, you do get very oily! (So there's no friction on the skin to aggravate the nerves).

I'd call your chiro, or meet with him, and simply ask him to stop with that rubbing massage.
Hope that helps!

Pete
asb
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
abrown176 (07-08-2010)