Thread: VEEG testing
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 12:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh, Garney, I'm worried about you! How are you feeling and doing? I can't believe the doctor just took you off all your meds.....I'm assuming because your seizure episodes weren't showing up as abnormal neurological spiking? Is that why he said they "weren't seizures"? Had the medication been helping prevent your "non-seizures"? Dang, who cares what's causing them as long as you are having them, if the medication was working!!

FWIW, I suspect more and more that my seizures are due to chemical imbalances and not something inherantly wrong with my brain. My endo changes some endocrine meds and I've been having nocturnal panic attack-like seizures (partials? simples?) and "head trembles" almost every night. I have hardly had a single good night's sleep in two weeks. (I see my neuro tomorrow). Changed my body chemistry slightly and blammo. Oh, and sure, stress makes it worse. But that doesn't mean that I therefore shouldn't be on my two AEDs!

I really hope you are okay without your meds. Personally, I would seek out a second opinion, but all that matters is how YOU are doing. Take care!
Footprints is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote