View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 08:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooze View Post
Bravo, if you are living in the DC area, I would definitely make a point of trying to go and see Dr Donlin Long in Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. While he isnt operating any more, I saw him recently and got some good advice and he is a very well educated and knowledgeable man in the area of Tarlov Cysts. A lot of his peers also recommend him. He will be able to advice on what action to take with regard to the cyst and where to have surgery, if it is required.

Good luck and let us know.
This is my first post so hope that I do it correctly. My husband & I were involved in a automobile accident in Dec. 09. in which we were t-boned on my side by a person fleeing the law going 70mph. It caused my right eye to turn inward ( I'm having surgery next week to hopefully fix it). Since then I began having heat or what I call icy/hot feeling from my buttocks down my right leg to top of foot. The CTscan revealed the cysts but the doctor insisted that they wouldn't be the cause of this of my pain. I saw a neurosurgeon who said that the x-rays of my spine were not significate to cause this pain. When I asked about the tarlov cysts he just dismissed them compeletely. Today I saw a neurologist who did an EMG & said that absoultely the tarlov cysts are my problem. I am really scared because I've read where the pain is progressive. He mentioned surgery, but didn't know if the neurosurgeon here would do.
Did you have surgery & can you tell me who did it & did it help??
Thanks, Rita
okiegal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote