View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 03:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello Ada,

I know we get tiered of test. However, sometimes they are necessary. Not everything is related to our RSD/CRPS. You need to get an EKG its a simple test done in your doctors office. Error on the side of caution.

I have fullbody RSD and 3 years ago it started affecting my lungs. It causes chess pain, tightness, sharp pains in the chest wall and shortness of breath. I'm married to a 20year on the job paramedic. The first time it happened he rushed me to the ER. The anxiety of not knowing what was going on increased my heart rate added to my sysmtoms they were sure I was having a heart attack. Thank God I was not.
I have been a patient of Dr. S in Philly I called him and consulted with him. He confirmed what was happening was my RSD.
Even though I know what can happen. I see a cardiologist to have regular EKG's and a stress test. The dye injection for the stres test is awful because it is designed to create the feelings that RSD creates. When they start I concentrate on breathing through the pain. In through the nose and out through the mouth in a slow steady pattern

If you haven't had a stress test and EKG lately have it done. It will give you peace of mind and settle your anxiety. We all know what anxiety does to our pain level.
Take care and I hope you feel better soon
Sherrie
SBOWLING is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RUReady (07-08-2010), SandyS (07-08-2010)