View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Mrs. D.

The Arthrotek did absolutely NOTHING for me. I tried heat (like Dr. Fred suggested). Did nothing either. Yesterday it was around 99 here in Brooklyn, with no humidity. I took my alprazolam and one melatonin and drifted off to sleep just fine. No pain, no nothing.

I never did take the AMRIX, because I googled AMRIX, and a message board forum came up with EVERYBODY posting how they would NEVER take this drug because it causes suicidal thoughts, hallucinations, one girl took a knife to her husband, one girl started cutting herself, etc. Absolutely everyone HATED this med.

And oddly enough, I made sure to ask my doctor, "you know that I take xanax to sleep, can I add the Amrix to this?" and he said "no problem".

Now how can this be? I'm so afraid to wind up loopy, hallucinations, etc, I just have these samples of Amrix in front of me. Alan has been having some back spasms and the doctor said "Alan, half of these samples are for you, take one before bedtime".

When I showed Alan what everyone was writing about the Amrix he put them in the closet.

And because absolutely everyone I spoke to about the TMJ pain said to me: 'Take Advil", I went out this morning and bought Advil liquigels.

I don't mix meds. I will only take one pain med at a time. I tried Aleve 10 days ago, did nothing, I tried Excedrin Migraine (that got rid of my headache) but the ache in the tooth comes and goes.

After having a GOOD night's sleep last night, I woke up and there was the TMJ thing going on. I pressed under the jaw (on both sides of my face), and it's tender. The right side is more inflamed than the left, but the other day when I was walking home with Alan the left joint (mandibular) of my face started to throb. I said "oh lordy, now the other side is doing it. When I take my finger and press both sides, it's sore.

But I'll never forget the last time a MAJOR pain happened. I happened to open and close my mouth and it was like an icepick into my ear. I screamed. This was some time ago. I immediately put hot compresses on it, and after a while all was well.

This is the oddest condition. I know my whole body is filled with arthritis. But when you eat the way I do, and not put anything in your mouth that is not supposed to go in your mouth. And I don't do any recreational drugs, nor do I drink, well, you have to wonder. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON.?

I know I changed my lifestyle, but we can't change our musculoskeletal system. The structure of our bones and joints.

I was thinking this last night. All the years of grinding my teeth when I was a kid, well it must have worn down SOMETHING.

And when the weather changes like it is doing right now. Good Lord.

It must have dropped 10 degrees, and the humidity is through the roof now.

Yesterday it was 99 degrees with humidity of 15 percent.
Right now it's 81 degrees with humidity of 67 percent and that is going to rise.

I read on the internet where people went to Arizona to visit (they had bad headaches), and when they landed in Arizona, they found out that they had NO more headaches. They finished their visit, came home, packed up everything and moved to Arizona.

Weather can affect a person's body that much??

Melody
P.S. I have a question. If I don't take a xanax tonight, and I do take one of the Amrix, what do you think will happen? Thanks much

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote