View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Gromlily

Gromlily

Default Hi Lailavia,

Just a thought, if you want to hear from Dimarie again, you could start a new thread addressed to her specifically, just in case Jo's info. didn't quit answer your question ( I wouldn't know, I didn't look at it yet) or if there was something more on a personal level you wanted to ask you could p.m. her. I think she would love to help if she knew you were seeking her out specifically.

And, just to add my input here, yes, you difinitely will experience flares. As others have shared, you will come to a point where you learn exactly what sets them off and then you try to avoid that at all costs!!

I also want to encourage you to start a journal now!! While you are early into this game so that you can 1) keep a pain diary so that the info. is right there for you to show the DR.'s as you go in. Your symptoms will most likely change from visit to visit, and if you can show them what was happening a month ago vs. a week ago they may be able to recognize a pattern.

Also, 2) you can keep track of pain med.s that worked or didn't work, therapies that helped or not and so on. I was keeping a journal until my husband got cancer then all my "systems, balances and checks" went out the window for while until I realized I was on the merry go round of med.s; I had tried one before and was given it again to try by a new Dr. which brings me to point 3.

More than likely you are going to be seeing Dr.'s for some time while they determine a diagnosis and determine a treatment plan for you. You can be your own advocate by keeping up on everything. Things you experience personally... journal; things you read in the paper, hear on the news, journal. Keep track of everything so that you can ask Dr.'s their opinion about new tests, new med.s, new treatments and so on.

Also, so that you can be sure that the treatment plan is being followed, get a copy of your Dr.'s records, ask to be sent a copy from each visit. This helps them to try a little harder, shall we say, if they know there is accountability. Plus, you can let them know right away if there is something in your file that isn't correct.

For example, my records stated that I saw a certain Dr. for my diagnosis, when in fact I saw his RNP. That was significant in that my diagnosis initially came from a RNP that took 2 minutes to look at me and say my case was too involved for their clinic, and I possibly had such and such condition. I spent a year after that telling each new Dr. all of the above info. before any one would request the correct diagnostics. They all wanted to treat me based upon her 2 minute obsevation!! It was a nightmare to say the least!!

Good luck and I hope that you can get some help and healing!!
G ~
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote