View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 09:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Newbie with questions

Hi, I am new to this forum. My current medical conditions include Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), herniated cervical disk, osteoarthritis of the neck and hip. For about 6 months I have had new symptoms creeping up and for the most part, I have attributed them to my RA. I am member of a RA discussion group and when I presented these symptoms, everyone said they were not associated with RA. Someone mentioned myasthenia gravis so when I looked for info, I was really surprised that I had a lot of the symptoms. My symptoms are listed below:

*muscle weakness/fatigue in my legs
* muscle weakness/fatigue in my arms
* muscle weakness/fatigue in my shoulders and neck
* **the muscle weakness/fatigue goes away when i rest
* muscle weakness/fatigue when i chew. doesn't happen every day but does happen about 2-3 times a week.
* muscle weakness/fatigue in my eyes. i know that sounds really strange but sometimes when i look up or look down, the muscles really burn
* problems swallowing. sometimes it takes several minutes to swallow and i have to really think about it. it happens maybe 3-4 times a week
* shortness of breath and gasping for air. what i mean by gasping for air, is that it happens when i am awake as well as asleep. when i am awake, out of the blue i will gasp for air...i have no control over it. every once in a while, it will happen at night and wake me up. this doesn't happen very often but it really scares me when it does.

Just last night, I noticed weakness in my abs and lower back. My problem right now is I am unemployed and have no insurance. I am trying to get medical assistance so I can get this checked in to. Does this sound like MG?
shay0425 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote