View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 02:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Chemo neuropathy

Hi. I discovered this forum last night and spent the last 6 hours or so reading thru it till I confused myself

Thanks to the folks that run it. There is a ton of great info.

I have neuropathy in the toes and fingers from chemo that ended last December. It got worse about a month and a half after chemo ended. Minor in the fingers and after reading the forum I'm much better off than most. I didn't know anything about this before.

I've been on gabapentin since Feb. I absolutely hate it. I try to only take 300mg's a day. My prescription is that 2x's a day. I'm in a fog. I gotta get off this crap

I read thru the suppliment section and am wondering if I'm on the right track. Today, I bought Jarrow Methyl B12 5000, Doctors Best Benfotiamine 150 mg, Acetyl L-carnitine 250 mg and Magneseum 1250 mg.

I probably can't get tested because I'm on Medical but will ask. Reading about B-12 deficiencies, I'm a good bet

Using the Suppliment Sticky I'm looking at Methyl B12 5000 mcg once a day?
500mg Acytyl once or twice a day? 300mg Befotiamine once or twice a day?
Magnesium twice a day? I picked it all up this morning

Yup it's a newbie question

Is it better to take them all together or separate them through the day and to start with a lower dose?

I would appreciate any guidance as this is new to me. Being a regular on many forums I realize what a PIA it is sometimes to answer the same things, but I swear I read asw much as my brain could handle in my gabapentin fog

Thanks
Mike
unstpabl1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-08-2010)