View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 04:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Master of Different Direction Exploration

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverett123 View Post

What they (and many PWP) don't realize, is that I may be a crackpot but I'm a darned intelligent and well educated crackpot. And, unlike any generation of crackpots before me, I've got the Net and access to a huge, unsorted jumble of data that has been gathering dust for decades and there are flecks of gold everywhere I look. Maybe we should get T-shirts saying "Not Yo' Mama's Crackpot!"
I love the T-shirt and I want one for my birthday. I can easily agree that Rick could be appointed Captain of PD Crackpot Home Researchers. But I have always seen him as a Bee That Flies in a Different Direction.
Honey bees all fly exactly the same routes, time after time, day after day, from a source of sweetness, back to the hive and back to the same source of sweetness again. They all have strictly planned, precise roles to play, always the same, and they all follow the same series of flight plans, over and over.

Except for a very, very few, who fly off in a totally new direction, utterly alone, and discover the next source of food that the hive needs to survive. The worker bees, the Queen Bee, all do the same actions, generation after generation. They would be extinct were it not for the bees who fly off in a totally different direction. The species cannot do without them.

Rick is a Master of Different Direction Exploration.
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote