View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 06:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I just found all of you Googling heat intolerance. I'm in limbo land, but have "probable MS." It has been high humidity and even hit triple digits here in Boston this past week. I am toast. I make a quick dash in the early morning and that's usually it.

I'm wondering if the hot car itself really gets to any of you? I took a ride in an ambulance last week after sitting outside at a pool with my son. I got about halfway home, and had to pull over as I had vertigo, my eyesight wavered (I've had optic neuritis that took away a lot of vision in one eye), and I was sure I was going to pass out. I ended up calling 911. I was well-hydrated, had cooling neckband, and plenty to drink. I'm thinking of investing in an auto starter so I can pre-cool the car a bit and see if that helps.

I've noticed tremors and weakness after really brief heat exposure. We're talking a few minutes and I just feel very "off", even with AC on and other attempts to cool. When I went to the ER, my blood pressure was swinging all over the place, but they couldn't find anything technically "wrong." They gave me some Antivert, which took away the woozies, but just made me very sleepy.

Anyway, I feel so frustrated having to stay in most of the day. I can't wait until FALL!
kaw72 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-11-2010), SallyC (07-08-2010)