View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 06:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default B12, never run out!!! + a question

I procrastinate, I'm guessing anyways. As of late, I have been so tired, like, can hardly get up off the couch after a day of work. So, spending 5 minutes ordering B12 must have taxed my brain because I ordered it too late. Then again, learning experiences are always good! My B12 finally came yesterday, I had a one last Thurs, then one on Sunday..by Tuesday I was feeling the effects of my missing B12. By Wednesday, at the end of my 1 mile walk, I was exhausted, yesterday, my hips ached, my shoulders were screaming, and my feet on fire by the haplf way mark. This morning, the same, except right from the beginning. I am dog tired too, connected? Maybe.

So, I would like to know a few things. I take 5000mcg of Jarrow B12 daily..how much of that do we actually absorb. They say only part of it even gets where it needs to go, that some is just floating around in you not being used..is this true? 6 months ago, my B12 level was 1789, in June it came back at 1389. One friend told me that possibly my body was using more, maybe a flare in the neuropathy. I just never expected the level to go down instead of up. Would it be better to take a lesser amount 2X's daily instead of the 5000 once daily? To add, I do have malabsorption issues because of my gluten intolerance. I think I read you shouldn't take B12 at night, that it may keep you awake, so that could be another issue if I tried splitting the amount, I have issues with insomnia.

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-09-2010)