View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 07:06 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I used Lidoderm patches for my MP. 2 weeks using those put the nerve back to sleep. I had my MP for over 10 yrs, due to damage of the nerve during a C-section + an exploratory looking for a tumor at the same time.

This thread discusses my old MP -- Lidoderm patches and has links to useful other sites with pictures.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread124259.html

The lateral femoral nerve can be damaged in the back (lumbar) or in the abdomen as it exits thru the inguinal canal to go to the thigh.

I did not use drugs for mine, as most of the newer ones like Neurontin/lyrica were not available. I never used opiates either.
Tylenol was a far as I got.

One thing I did notice was that heat really activated that nerve so no hot baths, or steam rooms. I can't last in a steam room more than 5 or so minutes. Also tight clothing is out.

My nerve does not shoot or stab anymore, and my thigh is not numb like it was. But if I overextend the leg getting in or out of the car I can get a light twinge of what was! Recumbent and other bikes tended to set it off too. So I avoid bikes now.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote