View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 01:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresakoch View Post
In re-reading your original post, it is entirely possible that the CIDP is what is causing his current problems; the MG is just a complicating condition. The doctors are probably treating the CIDP, but the fact that he has MG is going to make the treatment a little more complicated.

Has he ever been tested for Celiac Disease? It is another auto-immune disease which is MUCH more common than most doctors realize. A lifelong gluten-free diet is the current "cure" for CD, and many people with MG find that their symptoms are helped by a GF diet as well. Some of the symptoms that are seen in CIPD may be caused by untreated Celiac Disease as well. Celiac Disease causes the intestinal tract to smooth out, which causes malabsorption of nutrients, which then leads to malnutrition and vitamin/mineral deficiencies, which many doctors believe MIGHT be underlying causes for many AI diseases.

Most doctors don't deal with that many MG patients, so they may not be "up" on all of the stuff that they need to take into account. A good doctor will appreciate you giving him/her as much information as possible (a "bad" one won't appreciate it, but give it to him/her anyway....).

I hope this helps. Be sure and get enough rest - you need to take care of yourself through all of this, too!
Thanks for all of this, I will print it out now and take it with me tonight. I will keep you all updated and thanks again for all of this great information!
nschneider350 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote