View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 06:16 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Welcome Hurting, and I understand your concerns...

As do all folks here. We all are hurting in some way or ways and all of us work to try and understand the what all's of what's happened to what we 'feel' now.
If it were me in your situation? I'd first go to the surgeon's and the neuro's offices and get a complete set of the records they have on you... It mite cost you some bucks? [ten-twenty cents a page?] But then you have copies of all the key tests that they did before and more importantly AFTER your surgery.
Then I'd quietly go out and see a doc from another practice and get a second opinion! This new doc [IF you like him/her] should likely run new tests for comparison.
Key to this? Don't trash the doc you might leave? Just say: 'We don't seem to be communicating well in regards to the follow-up and constant pain now.'
IF your surgery was done at a hospital? Go and get those records as well [there will be dozens of pages for any surgery? But wade thru them and there mite be a 'hint' of something not rite.] IF the second opinion concurs with your concerns? Get thee to a liability/medical injury lawyer ASAP!
These first docs could be ignoring you because there was a possible goof during the surgery or because they're plain old jerks!
First off tho? With the info you get, you should get proper and current testing as to 'what IS' for now, and then, what can be done for now and the future. THIS IS MOST IMPORTANT!!!!For you!
Also, keep in mind that nerves can die very fast! But, if a nerve can and does regenerate? They only grow about 1/4 of an inch a month. Nerves are also like a plant's roots- many very fine varied and at times interconnecting tendrils, but in US? They often can't be seen by the human eye. When they DO regrow? They send out electrical signals - short, fast pulses of 'Who's out there?' That can take your breathe away! [Sort of like touching a live wire] Good thing about them usually? They don't often last more than about 5 minutes.
I'd check out these two forums...ljust click on to the blue-read the 'sticky's at the top of each forum, they're chock full of info about nerves.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum32.html
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum20.html
Happy reading? And truly, good luck! !'s - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote