View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 10:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Jim and Suzy,

Please tell Suzy not to fret too much over this test. It is electronic and they do pick up on pain signals and anxiety at least that is what my report said. I also scheduled my appt in the afternoon, just to ensure that it was accurate. I did my normal morning routine, which isn't much but is totally exhausting, by noon my pain spikes from the morning routine and that is the main reason I could no longer work. Anyhow, the test, I was capable of sedentary work, with multiple restrictions, but sitting for me is the worse. Bottom line, it was irrelevent due to the damage to my lower extremities. The test only gives a baseline, there are many other factors to weigh in on i.e., age, medication, effects of medication, mental status (does your wife talk to anyone?), anxiety, effects of the pain, etc.

We really need a Robin Hood for this illness, we just should not have to go through this as if we are a criminal. What happened to innocent until proven guilty, we don't even get that. We did nothing wrong. This is just not something anyone can plan for. It is a train wreck to say the least, and it is just so sad to see people, caretakers, families struggling to just cope through a day. I, like many, cannot plan my day ahead I just have to settle for living or should I say coping with each moment. We are surviving. Your wife is shutting down mentally to survive physically, that is what the body does to protect itself. Why doesn't your doctor see that? I will keep you both in my prayers, and I am so sorry for your pain, my husband has been a rock, I don't know where I would be without his love and support. Know that you are appreciated! God Bless

Jeanie
Wilbyfree is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
keep smilin (07-10-2010), RUReady (07-10-2010)