View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 06:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks...I think I read that before about injections versus sublingual too. I truly do not know how absorption works outside the intestines. I never even thought about it!

I do keep thinking about MrsD saying you develop a dependency on vitamins..just adds to the confusion!I can not get the vitamin and minerals I need from my food, I do not have enough variety in my diet any longer, not with all of my intolerances, so I have to take the vitamins.

Recently, I realized my melatonin was running out, and tried to cut back on it, along with the fact that the B6 level in it is raising my B6 level too much. I didn't even realize it had B6 in it..so much for my reading label skills! I was trying to cut back because I am going on vacation the end of the month, and don't want to run out before the vacation is over, plus I do not want to try the new brand until after vacation just in case I react to it. My gluten reactions are so strong, and last for at least a month and I don't want my vacation ruined by a med. Yesterday, I found the same brand in a higher dose..I take two-3mg's before bed, this one is 5mg, so I think I could get by with just 1 before bed. It has the same dose of B6 in one 5mg as it has in one 3mg, so in effect I will be cutting the B6 dose in half this way, which should be ok then.

Vitamins, minerals, and meds scare me, they so often are CC'd with gluten and once I find one I can trust, I do not want to give it up!

I have sleep apnea, and suffer insomnia. Giving up dairy truly helped with the insomnia, yet without the melatonin, I only sleep about 4 hours and am dead tired all the time. I'm guessing my body does not make enough of it's own natural melatonin.

Gluten is so evil!!!

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-10-2010)