View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 07:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart Dear Mom of Rachel....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrae View Post
And welcome! I'm so very glad you've found this wonderful forum, because there are so many wonderful people here who know EXACTLY what you are talking about!
You will get GOOD feedback here at NT

It appears your doctors are not very familiar with this condition and/or they simply don't want to commit to delving into it.
But please don't lose hope!! There ARE doctors out there who specialize in this field, and your daughter can get the proper treatment options that are available.....

Although I'm not familiar with the Chicago area, I'm sure there will be someone who will come along to give you more detailed information.
Just please stay strong in this. Don't let ANYone make you feel this condition is 'in your head' or that you have to 'deal with it'....!!

My heart goes out to you and your daughter. It's a terrible thing to see our child suffer......please stay determined....you WILL get the help she needs.

Truly Caring
Rae

Welcome to our family of caring wise RSD friends.... I want to say RUN and do not look back..To me, it seems you have much more understanding, knowledge and patients than your daughter's doctor..you are corest in that this is a very cruticial time, early onset of her disease.. Especially if she is getting results from the blocks..DON'T STOP!! My PM Dr. did 4/5 doing them every other week... but my pain level did not change..so keep going..Please, find a new Dr....cut your strings today...possibly a neurologists, pain managment or anesitologist (sp)...they seem to have better knowledge than others..I can't not offer suggestions on Dr.'s from your area as I live in nY but I am sure our friends here will help you with that..In the mean time, bide your time..you are on the right track..gather a game plan for a new Dr... continue to educate yourself...go forward..you have/are doing great in helping your daughter.. Don't stop until she receives a knowlegdeable caring Dr. she rightfully deserves..And please don't use ice..only warm bath..

Let us know how you are both doing..You are a wonderful Mom!

Soft hugs, Kathy
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cindi1965 (09-01-2010), dreambeliever128 (07-13-2010), Kakimbo (07-15-2010), loretta (09-02-2010), wswells (07-10-2010)