Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Well!!!!!

PROBLEM SOLVED.

I went here:

http://www.simplygoodstuff.com/mini_dryer.html

It is absolutely saving my hands. I never saw such a thing in all my life. It's actually a small extractor. Years ago, I would go to my laundromat, take out the clothes out of the washing machine and for twenty five cents more, I would put my wet clothes in their extractor thing and it would take most of the water out of my clothes, so when I put them in the dryer, I would only need a fraction of the drying time.

As the years passed, I gather that washing machines got better and after the rinse cycle, it has an extractor cycle.

But what does one do when one can't bring their personal items, or such items that one does not wish to wash in a washing machine, but they want to wash them by hand, but their hands hurt if they squeeze the item dry?

USE THIS!!!

I never laughed so hard in my life. I told Alan: "IF I KNEW THIS THING EXISTED I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT THIS YEARS AGO".

Alan is always skeptical about gadgets and stuff that I buy. He looked at it when I unpacked it, and he said "well, it's certainly a sturdy thing, BUT DOES IT WORK"?

Oh, before you use this thing, you turn it upside down and unlock the mechanism (they do this so it doesn't bang around during shipping). You take a phillips screwdriver, unscrew the 2 screws from the plastic thingee and off it pops and you are good to go.

So I stood it atop of my kitchen counter, plugged it in, let the drain hose lean over the sink, put in my clothes, (you have to put this plastic thingee right on top of the clothes so they won't fall out or something), Once you do this, you know how to do it for the rest of the life of the machine. It's that simple. I then close the hatch, set it to one minute and you SHOULD SEE THE WATER COMING OUT OF THE HOSE.

If you want to see an actual demonstration of this actual spin dryer (this is what made me get it), Just go to youtube and type in SPIN DRYER.

And as the spin dryer stops it's spinning thing, I found it necessary to place my hand over the top to keep it from jumping off the counter. This is only necessary once the timer goes off and it spins down. So to make it easier, once I turn it on, I simply place my hand on top (like the guy does in the video), and I take off my hand once it stops doing its thing.

So for one minute my hand is placed on top of this, while it's spinning.

IT'S THE EASIEST ONE MINUTE I HAVE EVER SPENT.

And the clothes came out virtually just DAMP. I put everything on a hanger and hung them all up over my bathtub.

If one has an outside line, simply hang clothes up on the line.

I don't have an outside line, so I took a tension rod and placed it directly in the middle of my tub UP HIGH, so it doesn't interfere with our heads when we take a shower. It's just THERE, when we need it.

I'm telling you, if anyone has arthritis, carpal tunnel, or perhaps you don't have a washing machine and you have to do certain things by hand, and you want to get all the water out and just hang up your clothes,

THIS IS THE THING FOR YOU.

Best deal I ever got.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote