Thread: Help please
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 06:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

thanks for all the replies all and the info. My name is Kim. I am in the U.S southern C.a so you know the health care system. I do have a confession, and im not sure if it came from becoming a medical assistant or having to go to the er 3 times telling them that i didn't have the flu last year that it was somehting more (i had an appendicitis) I really think twice now before going to the ER. I know that is bad, and i do know my limits and no i will have to go, and i don't want it to get to bad but i just feel like they are not going to do anything for me.... :< Ive slept for most of the day today...nothing has changed, breathing and all is still the same...so im leaning toward it might be close to giving in to my not wanting to go to the ER.

to answer some of the question, I have had a ct done of my thymas and said it was normal, although my neuro said that they wanted to do another one. They did antibody blood work and that came back neg. They are waiting on approval from my ins (which approved it on the 1st) and no one has called me yet. When the pulm put me on antibiotics it was avelox and i took it for one day and they told me to stop cuz they said they didn't feel comfortable with me taking it could do more harm.

Annie- the rheum first thot it was lupus i think because she saw how uncomfy i was and was just trying to find an answer and then she went out of town and i say the other dr and he kept saying he was not convinced. that lupus was just not right. that he really thinks it was Mg ....didn't say this in my early post but all of the symptoms fit it. double vision. weakness. i mean you name it i have it..

My drs kind of just told me i had this and put me on this medication and i think because they might not now much about it they aren't really "on top of things" i feel like im just left out to fend for myself. Like i was on the phone with my neuro yesterday and was in tears by the end of the day (bad day think i overdid myself...look at where i am now) I was so weak that like i hurt...and she just kept saying i don't understand pain isn't assoiciated with this disease! MY response...not very nicely......" yea but have you ever tried to move muscles and things that don't wanna work right....it doesn't feel good....thats all i could explain it as..." like i can't get them to understand... so she said well i can give you some pain med....I don't want pain meds i want you to find outwhy the meds aren't working today as well as they have been and why i am getting worst so we can work with this.... i know this is gonna be a lifestyle change...and as i would like to think i have....id have to admit working 40 plus as an ma (one of the drs work for knows and he makes me lay back a little) is probably to much but i am having a hard time of letting go of the person i was. I mean im 22....married for 2 years.. and now i have to relearn how to live my life. (my hubby is in the marines) i am very thankful for!!! but our closes family is 5 hrs away so we are flying solo on this one....Thanks again everyone for listening and talking....its nice to know that other people know that you are not just making this up...that your body can change on you so fast and there is nothing you can do...but try and get it under control so it doesn't happen net time.
Newbie87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote