View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 06:57 PM

Location: Maryland, South/Western Shore Chesapeake Bay, "God's Country"
10 yr Member

Location: Maryland, South/Western Shore Chesapeake Bay, "God's Country"
10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dany View Post
I had IGT also and my PCP wrote "diabetes" (he didn't ask me) on my insurance paperwork to get me the free meter, other supplies, and a diabetic meals class with a dietician. My A1c was 5.7. The best test for showing IGT of mine was the glucose tolerance test because I spiked glucose high quickly after a meal and by 2 hours, it was down to normal, all the action was over. The 2-hour post prandial test looked like nothing had ever happened as far as glucose, for me.
I might add, (posted about this over on the PN board), that this GTT was a 2 hr one drinking 75 gm and blood drawn at 1/2 hr, 1 hr and 2 hr. There are various other GTTs I am reading about now for longer times and drinking 100 gms to look for possible hypoglycemia. Maybe there are other variations, this is all I have uncovered so far. I have just joined the PN group and dropped in here, who knows what else I will learn?! Great!

To explain why the post-prandial missed the action, my results on the GTT were at beginning 90, 1/2 hr 175, 1 hr 234, 2 hr 135. PP only showed a result of 122 when they had told me to "eat breakfast" and come in 2 hrs later.

Also I did not feel the "stocking and glove" effect for my diabetic neuropathy until I had it for at least 5 years or more. I don't think that that is a very necessary symptom, just a possible one. And I have the burning and tingling of the skin, that's the only place I have it now.

Last edited by dany; 07-10-2010 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Want to add more.
dany is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote