View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 05:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I would like to second Paula's experience.

I had a similar experience prior to taking meds. The internal tremor was strong enough to make me sometimes 'rock', it was fairly constant, and nobody could 'see' or measure it.

I had twitchy muscles often, the type that were later defined to me by doctors as 'fasciculations', well hope that is spelled right!

I also had what I later learned was call blepharospasm, the most awful twitching eyelids, especially on the right, which is my more affected side.

I had and still sometimes have, when really low on meds, i.e. early mornings or if I have done too much, a nasty rippleing upward that starts at the base of my spine, doesn't seem to relate to any organ, and is extremely painful as well as scary. The first couple of times I had this I thought it was something really serious, went to emergency, and had the heart monitor and all the other tests.... nothing...... some of the doctors thought I was describing L'Hermitte's sign, an MS symptom, but I do not think it is the same at all. I think it is an internal dystonia related to the internal tremor.

So, yes is the answer, though I would say get it checked out because everyone is different.

Hope this helps some. I relate to the chest and abdomen thing, and remember how frustrated I felt that this very tangible feeling to me was not observable by doctors.

Hope that you are able to get some help with this, and find out what is going on.

Best Wishes
Lindy
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote