View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 05:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Why yes it makes perfect sense to take away more neurotransmitters....

Peg,

All that is as clear as mud; I can't tell if they mean a drug to control dyskinesia side effect from this so-called novel fetal stem cell procedure...or are they referring to levodopa and longstanding problems with dyskinesia.

Either way, they would be doing it over my akinetic or dead body...this is way too experimental and outside the box for me. Did you see what they are suggesting?

This could be prevented through drugs, he said, adding that the team suggested serotonin cells be removed during the preparation of transplanted tissue in future trials which they hope will now be able to take place.

I am speechless. First, they have no idea what is really going on with us in the first place; it would seem having a firm disease etiology in place and knowing without a shadow of a doubt that serotonin is the culprit in dyskinesia would be established before you even think about removing serotonin cells from one's brain because you think they are in excess! Wow.
They have no clue as to what is really going on up there, and they want to play directly with another of our neurotransmitters? This sounds really "off" to me, so maybe the reporting is not entirely accurate?

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote