View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 05:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mslday View Post
I don't want to rain on anyones parade either but it is not uncommon for RSD to spontaneously resolve itself in children. It also sounds like the OP's son managed to get early treatment which is good too for a better long term prognosis. I'm thrilled to hear he has found relief and pray that it stays.

Thanks for sharing the information with us.

MsL
I agree with Mslady, it sounds great but that is very true about children resolving more quickly than most adults. That's the big push with Dr.Sherry's progroam in PA. From what I here Dr. Sherry is completely against any kind of ketamine, medication of any kind and I here is program is really quite successful with the right candidate.I mean someone early in of the RSD DX. And I also here him and DR. S I would not call buddies.

I truly wish all the best results with this new found treatment. I am going to do some research on it.

Not to change the subject but part of my problem with really feeling back to normal is the fact that some of my doctors still feel I have a neuroma in my arm where most of my pain is coming from. So I was advised to contact a doctor in MD, near Hopkins. Now keep in mind that my surgeon and PM doctor did a procedure to try and find this neuroma. When I tell you my PM doctor and I quote him " I had to beg Dr.......to do this", because the my surgeon who worked so hard to save the functioning of my arm was totally against cutting me again without seeing the neuroma on some kind of film, x-ray,MRI etc...But he did it and did not find the neuroma and yes it did make the pain worse. Sorry to ramble .....So, I contact this doctor in MD and he states to me that RSD in his world mean "Really Stupid Diagnosis",totally shocked me. Has anyone ever heard of a doctor by the name of A. Lee Dellon, MD. He's a plastic surgeon who work primarily with patients who have compressed nerves, and neuromas.

Again I wish all the best and pain free days.......

Gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote