View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 01:35 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

For the few that are actually helped by the DMDs that are available now I'm happy. But the odds of the meds working to slow progression or lessen the incidence of exacerbations is so bad (what is it.....like 30%??) that they give little hope to those who are brave enough to give them a try. Couple that with the possible side effects and long term damage to body organs and for me it's just not worth the gamble.

I tried them. I tried the Interferons and Copaxone. Both had such terrible side effects it just wasn't worth the struggle. Then.......add in the ridiculous cost of these "meds" and unless you have really good insurance they just aren't an option anyway.

I seriously have to question the "method behind the madness" some of these big pharma companies incorporate. My trust in modern medicine has really been tested over the past several years. I have done my research and found the best course of action for my own particular situation. And it does not include any of the approved DMD's on the market right now. I feel 98% better than I did when I was trying to use the suggested medicine from my Neurologist. Go figure. Do they really want me to feel better? Or are they protecting their own pockets and bottom line? I have to question that.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (07-11-2010), azoyizes (07-21-2010), dmplaura (07-12-2010), SallyC (07-11-2010)