View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 10:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alffe View Post
when our child, whatever the age, for whatever the reason, ends their life..it changes those left behind forever. I've heard the Sherbuns speak to the very student body where their son had been bullied....it was wrenching to sit through but they saved lives that day by sharing their tragedy.
I am new to the these post but not new to the subject matter. I am nick sherbun's brother. Our parents do continue to speak each year since their first speech for yellow ribbon to the freshman class of our high school and surounding schools as well. They strive to connect with as many kids as possible to inform them that there are people that care. They try to carry the message to the students that might be contemplating suicide that their life and decisions effect many more people then just them selves. There is such a hug importance of having people like my parents kevin and Julia Sherbun in the community which incur's the need for more of them; that really includes the ones that changed thier minds or survived an attempt.
ry_sky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (07-12-2010), Alffe (07-12-2010), barbo (07-12-2010), DMACK (04-16-2014)